18 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs for Competitive Exams – Daily GK Digest
Read Latest Current Affairs 2018 for All Competitive Exams like UPSC, State Civil Services like – RAS, PMPSC, TNPSC, IAS, RRB etc. Our Daily Current Affairs Digest will also help for aspirants preparing for banking exams IBPS PO Clerk, SBI, RBI in current affairs sections.You can keep track of all your old posts month wise – All Current Affairs Post Month Wise . Our current Affairs Bulletin includes articles from National Events, New Government Schemes and initiatives, New Appointments along with important international affairs, Sports, Business, Banking Current Affairs, Science and Tech which are useful for all government job aspirants and private Job aspirants.
Table Of Content
Current Affairs National
UK-India cooperation energised at Elecrama 2018
- The United Kingdom became the Indian electrical industry’s international partner for the flagship Elecrama 2018, which was held from March 10 to 14, at the World Utility Summit.
- A 15-member British delegation led by Dr Howard Porter, CEO of the British Electrotechnical and Allied Manufacturers Association (BEAMA), with the support of the UK’s Department of International Trade, visited India for the same.
Odisha govt. to collaborate with RIMES for disaster management
- The Odisha government is set to collaborate with the Thailand-based Regional Integrated Multi-Hazard Early Warning System (RIMES) for strengthening its early warning services and enhancing preparedness for management of hazards in the State.
- As per the initial discussions held on Friday, the Odisha State Disaster Mitigation Authority and RIMES would forge a partnership in the field of drought monitoring and early warning for different natural disasters.
President to inaugurate Festival of Innovation on March 19
- President of India, Ram Nath Kovind, will inaugurate a Festival of Innovation and Entrepreneurship (FINE) and present Gandhian Young Technological Innovation awards instituted by Society for Research and Initiatives for Sustainable Technologies and Institutions (SRISTI) at Rashtrapati Bhavan on March 19, 2018.
- FINE, an initiative to recognise, respect, showcase, reward innovations and to foster a supportive ecosystem for innovators, is being organised by Rashtrapati Bhavan in association with the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India and National Innovation Foundation-India (NIF) from March 19 to 23, 2018.
Congress urges Election Commission to revert to paper ballots
- The Congress on March 17 urged that the Election Commission revert to the old practice of paper ballots in future elections instead of the electronic votingmachines (EVMs).
- This is necessary as there are misgivings on misuse of EVMs to manipulate the outcome contrary to popular verdict , the party said in New Delhi during its 84th Plenary Session.
Current Affairs Business and Economy
E-wallet will address GST refund issue of exporters
- Introduction of e-wallet mechanism will effectively address the woes of exporters who have been complaining of delays in refund of taxes under the GST regime, commerce and industry minister Suresh Prabhu has said.
- Under the e-wallet mechanism, a notional credit would be transferred to exporters’ accounts based on their past record and the credit can be used to pay taxes on inputs.
RBI issues corrective framework for PSBs
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has issued a Prompt Corrective Action (PCA) framework to maintain the sound financial health of banks.
- The framework facilitates banks in breach of risk thresholds for identified areas of monitoring, such as capital, asset quality (tracked in terms of the net Non-Performing Assets ratio) and profitability, to take corrective measures in a timely manner, in order to restore their financial health.
Current Affairs Sports
Chennaiyin FC silence Bengaluru FC to clinch ISL 2017-18 title
- Chennaiyin FC were crowned champions for the second time in Indian Super League history after a valiant 3-2 comeback win against mighty Bengaluru FC at the Sree Kanteerava Stadium, Bengaluru, on Saturday.
KL Rahul is Wisden India Almanack’s Cricketer of the Year
- KL Rahul is the ‘Cricketer of the Year’ in the sixth edition of Wisden India Almanack, which has just been released.
- The Almanack pays a tribute to India’s women cricketers, with a wonderful cover picture of celebration at the World Cup.
Sanjivani Jadhav wins bronze in Asian Cross Country Championship
- India’s promising long distance runner Sanjivani Jadhav clinched a bronze in women’s 8km cross country race while the country also collected another medal of same colour in the team event on Thursday.
- The 20-year-old Sanjivani clocked 28 minute 19 seconds to cover the 8km distance, behind Li Dan (28:03) of China and Abe Yukari (28:06) of Japan in the 14th Asian Cross Country Championship.
Current Affairs World
New York town bans Bitcoin mining to save electricity
- A small lakeside town in upstate New York is fed up with Bitcoin miners using up so much of its low-cost electricity.
- Plattsburgh, whose residents are a quick jaunt from the Canadian border, has put an 18-month moratorium on cryptocurrency mining to preserve natural resources, the health of its residents, and the “character and direction” of the city.
India, Bangladesh meeting next month on transit protocol
- The proposed high-level meeting on the Protocol on Inland Water Transit and Trade (PIWTT) between India and Bangladesh next month is expected to finalise its Standard Operating Procedures (SoP), an official said.
- Once the PIWTT SoP is in place, inland waterways will boost trade to the north eastern states and Bangladesh from Kolkata.
Current Affairs Miscellaneous
Jackfruit to get state fruit tag on Mar 21
- Kerala is all set to get its official fruit next week and it is none other than jackfruit, which is known for its distinctive taste and aroma.
- State government will make an official declaration in this regard on March 21, based on a proposal submitted by agriculture department.
- While elephant is the state animal, great hornbill, Kanikkonna and pearl spot are the official bird, flower and fish respectively.
Also Read Complete Month GK Post :
Month March, 2018
- 17 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 16 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 15 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 14 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 13 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 12 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 11 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 6-10 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 5 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 4 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 3 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 2 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 1 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs