21 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs for Competitive Exams – Daily GK Digest
Read Latest Current Affairs 2018 for All Competitive Exams like UPSC, State Civil Services like – RAS, PMPSC, TNPSC, IAS, RRB etc. Our Daily Current Affairs Digest will also help for aspirants preparing for banking exams IBPS PO Clerk, SBI, RBI in current affairs sections.You can keep track of all your old posts month wise – All Current Affairs Post Month Wise . Our current Affairs Bulletin includes articles from National Events, New Government Schemes and initiatives, New Appointments along with important international affairs, Sports, Business, Banking Current Affairs, Science and Tech which are useful for all government job aspirants and private Job aspirants.
Table Of Content
Current Affairs National
India signs double taxation avoidance pact with Hong Kong
- India and Hong Kong on Monday signed a bilateral double taxation avoidance treaty to curb evasion and promote flow of investment.
- The Agreement for the Avoidance of Double Taxation and the Prevention of Fiscal Evasion will stimulate flow of investment, technology and personnel from India to Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) and vice versa, an official statement said.
ED creates new post of principal special director, Simachala Dash appointed
- Simanchala Dash, former private secretary to finance minister Arun Jaitley, was on Tuesday appointed to the newly-created post of principal special director in the Enforcement Directorate.
- The appointment of Dash, an Indian Revenue Service officer of 1988 batch, was cleared by the Appointments Committee of Cabinet (ACC) on Tuesday, according to an official order.
RTI fee no more than Rs 50, rules Supreme Court
- The Supreme Court fixed on Tuesday an upper limit of Rs 50 as application fee that government authorities can charge those seeking information under the right to information (RTI) act, the country’s transparency law.
- Also, a bench of justices AK Goel and UU Lalit said public authorities cannot ask for more than Rs 5 for each page as photocopying charge, and an applicant need not mention the “motive” while filling out the application form.
Vijay Sankar named Honorary Consul General of Denmark
- Vijay Sankar, Deputy Chairman, Sanmar Group, has been appointed Honorary Consul General for Denmark in Chennai, by Her Majesty the Queen of Denmark, with the concurrence of the Government of India.
- His consular district covers Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Kerala, Karnataka and the Union Territory of Puducherry.
Current Affairs Business and Economy
Government scraps export duty on sugar
- The government scrapped export duty of raw and refined sugar on Tuesday, to boost shipments as the country is all set to produce record 29.5 million tonnes of the sweetener in the current 2017-18 marketing season.
- Export duty on sugar used to be levied at 20%.
Jeff Bezos’s Amazon is now second most valued company in US, beats Alphabet
- Jeff Bezos’s Amazon.com, became the second most valuable publicly listed U.S. company on Tuesday, surpassing Google parent Alphabet Inc. for the first time.
Axis Bank opens representative office in Sharjah
- Axis Bank on Sunday opened a representative office in Sharjah, to better serve its customers in the emirate and to expand its retail offerings to customers in the neighbouring northern emirates.
- Shri Vipul, consul general of India in Dubai, inaugurated the representative office, which is the third such Axis Bank office in the UAE after Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
Current Affairs Sports
Yuki Bhambri qualifies for main draw of Miami Masters
- Yuki Bhambri qualified for the main draw of the ATP Miami Masters after brushing aside Sweden’s Elias Ymer in straight sets on Wednesday.
- Bhambri will now take on Bosnia and Herzegovina’s Mirza Basic in the opening match.
MS Dhoni gets Padma Bhushan award; Somdev Devvarman, Kidambi Srikanth honoured
- Former Indian cricket team skipper MS Dhoni and cueist Pankaj Advani were conferred with the country’s third-highest civilian award, Padma Bhushan, in New Delhi on Tuesday.
- Badminton ace Kidambi Srikanth and former Asian Games gold medallist tennis player Somdev Devvarman were also honoured in the same ceremony as the duo received Padma Shri awards.
Current Affairs World
Myanmar President and Suu Kyi confidant Htin Kyaw resigns
- Myanmar’s President Htin Kyaw resigned suddenly on Wednesday leaving the country’s de facto leader Aung San Suu Kyi without a close confidant and political ally as she faces rising international opprobrium over the Rakhine crisis.
Current Affairs Miscellaneous
Ustad Bismillah Khan’s 102nd birthday celebrated by Google with doodle
- Ustad Bismillah Khan on Wednesday was paid tribute by search engine Google on his 102nd birth anniversary with a special doodle.
- The doodle, designed by Chennai-based illustrator Vijay Krish, celebrates Khan against the backdrop of a geometric style pattern with his instrument aloft, sending a festive tune out into the world.
Vivo signs Aamir Khan as brand ambassador for India
- Chinese smartphone maker Vivo on Monday announced the appointment of Bollywood actor Aamir Khan as its brand ambassador for India.
- Aamir has been signed for future brand and product communication initiatives of Vivo India, the company said in a statement.
IBM unveils the ‘world’s smallest computer’ with an aim to bring blockchain to everyday products
- IBM has unveiled the world’s smallest computer at its ongoing annual conference IBM Think 2018.
- The computer is a small chip of x86 from 1990 and the company claims that it is a very powerful chip.
- The company aims it to be the data source for blockchain-based applications.
Also Read Complete Month GK Post :
Month March, 2018
- 20 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 19 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 18 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 17 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 16 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 15 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 14 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 13 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 12 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 11 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 6-10 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 5 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 4 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 3 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 2 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs
- 1 March 2018 GK and Current Affairs